The registration fee to ABST includes the provincial licensing exam fee.
This course is accredited by the Province of Alberta (under SSIA Course License #AT000313) and meets the training requirements outlined in the Security Services and Investigators Act. It is recognized as an Online Alberta Basic Security Training Course (AccBST).
Special Time-Limited Offer!
Regularly priced at $300, ABST, is currently offered for just $149! This offer includes access to the provincial licensing exam.
- Introduction to the Security Industry (40 minutes)
- Canadian Legal System (1.5 hours)
- Basic Security Patrol Procedures (2.5 hours)
- Communication (1.5 hours)
- Documentation and Evidence (1.5 hours)
- Emergency Response Procedures (1.5 hours)
- Health and Safety (1 hour)
For the full list of modules and associated learning objectives, please see Full ABST Course Description with Learning Objectives.
Take a tour of the Basic Security Training course!
Province of Alberta Licensing Exam Information
In addition to this training, candidates must also successfully complete a provincially mandated exam to acquire a private security license. In Alberta, candidates have the option of an online exam delivered by PSKN. This exam must be delivered in a proctored setting.
To Register for the Alberta Licensing Online Exam
After you have successfully completed the ABST online course, please contact the PSTNetwork Support Desk to register to the licensing exam.
- There is no additional fee for the exam; it is included in your original course fee.
- Choose your Preferred date and location— you must register at least two weeks in advance of your preferred date.
- Once confirmed, the PSKN Support Desk will send you a confirmation email.
- Once you have written the exam, PSKN will send your exam results (pass or fail) to the Alberta Registrar. This information is a required component of the licensing application process.
- If you are required to take the exam again, you will be charged a fee of $60 for each rewrite.
Please note that PSKN is not involved in the licensing application or approval process. Candidates must apply directly to the Alberta Security Programs Department.
This course is designed for individuals who are pursuing a career in Alberta’s private security industry. It may also serve as a useful refresher for experienced security professionals.
Price: $149 – Time Limited Offer! (Regular $300)
Language: English Length: Equivalent to 40 classroom hours
Click Here to learn more about the following:
- What are the requirements to become a security guard in Alberta?
- What are the licensing requirements?
- Is PSKN’s Basic Security Training – Alberta training course accredited by the Province of Alberta?
- What are the steps involved in the licensing process?
- Where can I take the Provincial Licensing Exam?
- If I fail the exam, can I write it again?
- How do I provide proof of training for my license application?
- How long does it take to receive a security service license?