Private Security Professionals
Length: 1 Hour
Given the legalization and increased access to cannabis in Canada and the US, there has been much confusion about cannabis laws and employer and employee rights and expectations when it comes to cannabis in the workplace.
CannEd is designed to provide an understanding of Canadian cannabis laws and an understanding of cannabis in the context of the workplace including accommodation requirements by employers, disclosure requirements by employees, best practices on how to discuss suspected impairment and regulations about drug testing at work in Canada.
Course topics include:
- Cannabis basics & effects of various cannabis products
- Cannabis laws across Canada (consumption, possession, cultivation, etc. )
- Cannabis & impaired driving (road side limits, impaired driving penalties, etc.)
- Cannabis & domestic/international travel
- Cannabis in the workplace
- This course is eligible for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits for HR professional in Ontario, Alberta and Manitoba.