Basic Security Training – Saskatchewan is a comprehensive training course for individuals seeking to enter this industry. It is designed to increase knowledge about the daily duties and responsibilities of a security professional and build the confidence needed to meet the challenges of the workplace.
This online course is delivered in seven modules and is equivalent to 40 hours of classroom instruction. It covers the following learning areas:
- Introduction to the Security Industry (40 minutes)
- Canadian Legal System (1.5 hours)
- Basic Security Patrol Procedures (2.5 hours)
- Communication (1.5 hours)
- Documentation and Evidence (1.5 hours)
- Emergency Response Procedures (1.5 hours)
- Health and Safety (1 hour)
For the full list of modules and associated learning objectives, please see Full Course Description with Learning Objectives.
This course is designed for individuals who are pursuing a career in Saskatchewan's private security industry. It may also serve as a useful refresher for experienced security professionals.
$200 - Includes the cost of one Provincial Licensing Exam
How do I write my Provincial Exam?
- Successfully complete the Basic Security Training – Saskatchewan course and download certificate.
- The Saskatchewan Registrars Office has to approve learners to write the exam, this process can take up to 10 business days.
- Please contact the Professional Security Knowledge Network Support Desk desk and let them know you would like to write your exam
- Professional Security Knowledge Network will contact the Saskatchewan Registrar with your information to request approval on your behalf
- Professional Security Knowledge Network will let you know when you have been approved to write. You can now register for your Saskatchewan Licensing exam with eProctor Canada
- If you are required to re-write your exam, the cost is $50
- You have one hour to complete 55 multiple choice questions. The passing grade is 75%.
- Register for an online licensing exam at How to book an exam
How do I apply for my Security Guard License?
- Once you have written your exam, our team will send your exam results (pass or fail) to the Saskatchewan Registrar. This information is a required component of the licensing application process.
- The Saskatchewan Registrar will verify and inform the Professional Security Knowledge Network of your pass/fail results within 2-3 weeks.
- Successful students will then gain access to their certificate through their account on Professional Security Knowledge Network within one business day when results are confirmed.
- To Apply for your License please visit the Saskatchewan Private Investigators and Security Guards Program Private Investigators and Security Guards Program | Becoming a Licensed Professional | Government of Saskatchewan
Please note: Professional Security Knowledge Network is not involved in the licensing application or approval process.
BST-Saskatchewan, is just $200 - Includes the cost of one Provincial Licensing Exam
Important Notice About Licensing & COVID-19 Pandemic
Please visit the following link for more information: Private Investigators and Security Guards Program | Becoming a Licensed Professional | Government of Saskatchewan
Still Have Questions?
Feel free to contact our support desk!