Basic Security Training – Alberta is a comprehensive training course for individuals seeking to enter this industry. It is designed to increase knowledge about the daily duties and responsibilities of a security professional and build the confidence needed to meet the challenges of the workplace.
This online course is delivered in seven modules and is equivalent to 40 hours of classroom instruction. It covers the following learning areas:
- Introduction to the Security Industry
- Canadian Legal System
- Basic Security Patrol Procedures
- Documentation and Evidence
- Emergency Response Procedures
- Health and Safety
For the full list of modules and associated learning objectives, please see Full Course Description with Learning Objectives.
This course is designed for individuals who are pursuing a career in Alberta's private security industry. It may also serve as a useful refresher for experienced security professionals. This course is accredited by the Province of Alberta (under SSIA Course License #AT000313) and meets the training requirements outlined in the Security Services and Investigators Act. It is recognized as an Online Alberta Basic Security Training Course (AccBST).
Course - $99 Contact email@example.com to purchase the course exclusively.
Course and Exam Bundle - $149
How do I write my Provincial Exam?
eProctor Canada is a convenient way to write your Provincial Licensing Exam from the comfort of your own home. You will be supervised remotely by a trained and approved proctor all while saving on time and money of traveling to an in-person exam.
Important Details About Exam Day
- You have one hour to complete 51 multiple choice questions. The passing grade is 80%.
- The Exam is delivered online by eProctor Canada and you will need your Professional Security Knowledge Network login information to access the exam.
- The cost of one exam is included in PSKN’s bundled price.
- For learners who purchased the ABST course exclusively, the cost of an exam is $50 + HST.
- Additional exam attempts cost $50 plus tax.
- Once you have written the exam, our team will send your exam results (pass or fail) to the Alberta Registrar. This information is a required component of the licensing application process.
- If you are successful, you will receive your Licensing Exam Certificate from the Alberta Solicitor General’s Office by email within 3-4 business days.
How do I apply for my Security Guard License?
Upon successful completion of the Provincial Exam, the Alberta Provincial Registrar will email your certificate within 3-4 business days. This will be required in order to apply for your Security Guard License. To apply please visit the Alberta Security Department Website: Security licenses and permits | Alberta.ca
- You must be over 18 years old
- You must be eligible to work in Canada
- You must be fluent in English
- You must have no criminal record
- You must have no outstanding criminal charges
- You must not be the subject of a criminal investigation
Please note: Professional Security Knowledge Network is not involved in the licensing application or approval process.
Important Notice About Licensing & COVID-19 Pandemic
Still Have Questions?
Feel free to contact our support desk!