FIS® P.E.A.C.E ONLINE INVESTIGATIVE INTERVIEWING COURSE
Professional Security Knowledge Network is proud to partner with FIS® to offer the worlds best P.E.A.C.E. Investigative Interviewing course online!
The Interview process is an essential part of any information-gathering procedure for any investigation. Investigative interviewing in the context of any investigation can be defined as being:
"The questioning of victims, witnesses, and suspects (interviewee) to obtain complete, accurate and reliable information to discover the truth about the matter under investigation."
In this course, we examine the elements of investigative interviewing, the knowledge required to adopt the P.E.A.C.E. framework and the science behind it.
The certificate completed course can be completed in 6.5 hours of online learning and is only $500.00!
Course certificates will be granted upon successful completion of the course final assessment.
The aim of all professional interviewers is to develop the interpersonal skills required to ask the right questions in such a way that a full and truthful account is provided by the interviewee.
The task of the interviewer is to create an environment where the interviewee feels comfortable participating in an ethical exchange of information.
The interviewing of victims, witnesses, and suspects are an everyday part of an investigator’s role. It is the formal means by which vital information and evidence are obtained in relation to incidents.
It requires specific skills to obtain information and evidence in a way that conforms to the laws of that jurisdiction.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify how to conduct effective investigative interviewing
- Describe the core knowledge required to conduct effective investigative interviewing
- Explain the memory process
- Recognize effective questioning skills that will help with memory recall
- Explain the necessary planning and preparation required prior to an interview
- Identify key assessment and decision-making tools you can use during victim and witness interviews
- Describe planning and preparation best practices for victim and witness interviews
- Identify best practices for engaging with an interviewee as a victim or a witness
- Identify key interviewing techniques and models that you can use during victim and witness interviews
- Describe how to perform an evaluation of a victim or witness interview
- Describe planning and preparation best practices for suspect interviews
- Describe key skills for engaging a suspect in an interview
- Identify key interviewing techniques and models that you can use during suspect interviews
- Describe how to perform an evaluation of a suspect interview
- Save Time: Train more employees more often regardless of their location. One classroom day can be delivered in 1 – 2 hours of online learning time.
- Save Money: Online and blended learning decrease costs associated with training venues, training salaries, travel, and accommodations.
- Enhance competitiveness: Private security and private investigation are highly competitive industries. Providing your workforce with comprehensive training resources will not only give you an edge on the competition but also reduce associated risks and liabilities.
- Streamline Administration: Straightforward registration and on-demand reporting ensure organizations can easily manage employee training. Our Support Team is also on-hand to assist with registration, reporting, and technical troubleshooting.
- Improve Learner Outcomes: set at the pace of the learner and available anytime, anywhere, online and blended learning has been proven to be as effective, or better than, traditional training. Learners can spend as little or as much time as they need to understand the course material.
This course was designed and built for Investigators working in the following sectors:
- Private PI’s
- Post Secondary Institutions
What does P.E.A.C.E stand for?
Planning & Preparation
Engage & Explain
Account, Clarification & Challenge