This course is designed for all security professionals.
In Canada, it is an offense to possess and carry a concealed weapon. As a security professional, it is likely you will encounter individuals in possession of concealed weapons. It is important that you not only know how to recognize these individuals but also know how to respond in potentially dangerous situations.
The Weapons Offences and Threat Cues course is designed to help learners better understand weapons offences as identified in the Criminal Code of Canada. In addition to reviewing the legal description of possession and concealment, this course explores common prohibited weapons, methods of concealment, and various behaviors associated with individuals carrying a concealed weapon. It also explains how to appropriately respond to threat cues and to communicate information to law enforcement.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define “possession” and “weapon” as explained in the Criminal Code of Canada
- Differentiate between “possession of a dangerous weapon” and “carrying a concealed weapon”
- Recall related weapons offences as defined in the Criminal Code of Canada
- Recall behaviours specific to armed persons
- Explain how to respond to threat cues
- Articulate threat cues to the appropriate law enforcement responders